Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sample Goals for Presentation No.1

Presentation No.1 PAL:

Purpose - To talk about something that I am passionate about. Send a message. To use the video for goal setting of presentation skill improvement.
Audience - My 9 AEP students at ICU.
Logistics - 3 min. limit + short Q&A, computer, project (I will use Google Presentations because I want to easily post it on my blog. No handouts. Three slides?

1. Preparation/Rehearsal
I want to brainstorm ideas by talking about them with my wife and clustering on paper. Then I will type out a rough script of what I want to say about that topic, brainstorm an image of the slide I want to use on paper, and then create it. Then I will
2. Content / Overall Impression
I want my students to understand the importance of eliminating "exploitation of the weak" in this world and hopefully ignite a similar passion in them. I want "the importance of doing something to fight against exploitation" to stick forever. (In 3 minutes?!)

3. Voice
I want to speak in a fairly, slow serious low key tone to match my message and let the facts speak for themselves.

4. Body Language
I want to stay calm and controlled with a sincere expression and little movement except for a few gestures. I want to have my main points on a notecard and keep it on the desk in front of me just in case I forget.

5. Visuals
I want to use a few full screen images that show exploitation of the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment